1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Guess it was getting work over the summer being paid to actually make art for the first time in my life.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Their has been quite a lot but I guess realizing that no matter how much love and kindness you show someone or how much you were always there for them in their lives. They can forget it all instantly and act like everything you ever did meant nothing to them overnight.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Guess again not expecting something I did artistically would be received well and help others in the process.
That my Sister started speaking to my Mum again.
That I didn’t have cancer.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
My dog dying.
Caring and feeling to much.
Not caring or feeling enough.
Fearing for my safety and rights because I am female.
Having my yearly mental breakdown usually during winter months.
5. Pick three words to describe 2014.
6. What were the best books you read this year?
Wonder by R.J.Palacio, How to be a woman by Caitlin Moran, and currently reading The art of asking by Amanda Palmer which I already know will be a fave.
7. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My parents, My friends, My Nephew, Alistair.
8. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Seeing how capable and strong I can really be when it comes to university work and when the people I love hurt me.
9. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
Seeing and admitting that I don’t deserve to be treated badly even standing up for myself which was the hardest thing to do because it was my friends doing it to me. Knowing my limits and taking breaks away from people and situations I find stressful.
10. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
Talked probably about religion more than I ever had in my life. Nearly got tricked into accepting one from scaremongering. It’s not the right time or place if I ever allow one into my life.
11. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
My skin and my skin care routine was the best it’s ever been since before my teens this year apart from stressful times. I really love my body and surprised how great it looks sometimes. I have been a lot more stiff and sore this year especially with back problems and from puppeteering.
12. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I grew closer to a few friends even more than I knew possible. That it’s al right to let them in to help me when I’m broken. Let people see me at my worst. Was just honest with people more about how I was really feeling especially about my mental illness. Let people see that they upset me and would try to sort it out with them instead of hiding it.
13. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Grieving for friends.
14. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Volunteering at a art group, Making art that is dear to my heart that can help others, Spending time with my friends and my family, Addressing personal issues.
15. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
That I should of listened to myself 6 years ago to not make friends ever again. It’s not worth the heartache when I lose them. But it’s helped me learn to try my best to keep the ones I do have. That stigma in mental illness and in the art world has a long way to go.
If anyone else does this to please send me your answers :)
I'm Debz and I've been doing art for a long time currently an art student doing Time based art. This blog will be my creative work and my other interests such as nature, thrifting, the weird and wonderful, creepyness, fashion, make up, video games and general adventures! Hope you enjoy your stay would you like some tea?
All photography on here is taken by myself unless stated otherwise.