Wednesday 21 August 2013

Some progress and trying something new with beauty product reviews


Hey peeps things are slowly getting there my healthy eating seems to be helping out a lot and my therapy session went really well. Been invited for more appointments and they will be helping me work through my issues slowly but surely using different types of therapies so well see how things go. :)

Also been creative again and been trying out video recordings their may vlog posts soon. Which has been lovely just need to fix the late nights on the lappy and then we will be there!

Now I've been wanting to do beauty product review posts for quite some time now being inspired by other lovely blogger ladies on here and on YouTube. But I thought it would be more fun to do the reviews with little rating faces of myself. Since I love making things thought this would be fun.

Like so...

Offt not used Photoshop in quite a while.
The happiest being the highest and the saddest being the lowest.

So here is the product reviews.

Both products are from The Body Shop and were part of a beauty set. It was a gift so I got to try out the set for free which is always a bonus! These were a couple of the products I moved out to university with. Would use them nearly everyday and they did last a very long time. 

Coconut Shower Cream


The shower cream nearly lasted me a full year and it was pleasant on the skin. It was a quite creamy and thick and if you like that sort of texture from shower creams. 
If you like the smell of Coconuts it is quite strong when in use but not overpowering on the skin after a shower. 
It does feel refreshing and that your skin is getting cleaner but also softer which is always a bonus. As coconuts or at least the oil are supposed to have positive qualities for skin.
Price wise you can get the bottle on it's own for £4.00 which isn't to bad considering if it can last for a full year. Their is cheaper shower creams but the quality of this one would be worth the price.
The packaging is pretty plain and simple as it is just a sticker on a plastic bottle. But this is probably because the body shop is for being 'green' for the planet which is something I agree with. So less packaging is used and made from recyclable materials.
Overall though not sure if I would purchase this product again as good as it was. This is just personal taste though since I like to use up products but then try new ones most of the time.

                                     
                   Application               

           Quality          

Packaging

Value

Over all pretty positive. :)


Coconut Body Scrub



This body scrub was included in the same beauty set and it didn't have a much product as the shower cream. But I have to say it for it being one of my first body scrubs ever used it was wonderful. Using it especially on my legs after shaving was amazing my skin were one of the softest and smoothest they have ever been after a good old scrub of this stuff!
The product lasted for quite a long time as well using just a small amount was enough each time. The grains in the scrub were not so harsh on the skin and their was lots of them making them great for exfoliation.
The cream texture was sorta thick but not as much as the shower cream and helped with making the skin soft.
The smell was not as strong as the shower cream either but was more refreshing and it did made me feel very clean after wards. I feel the same way about the packaging as the shower cream but the size of the product does make it better for travel or storage. Since the product came with a set the actual size of the product is a lot bigger. But this makes it more pricey at £12.50 which can be quite a lot for a body scrub. But on it's own in this size it did last a long time and I would purchase it again even at the sample size.
It does do the job and helped my skin a lot and even helped with little bumps I sometimes get at my sides and made them disappear. 
Would recommend it to anyone wanting smoother legs or wanting little skin bumps be gone!

   
 Application

   Quality

Packaging

Value

This is a product I did love a lot and enjoyed using it very much it's just a shame that the bigger version is a little pricey. This is on student budget terms though: :)

That was fun! Did you guys enjoy my little silly rating faces and should I try this out again?
And is their any bath/shower products your enjoying at the moment?

Take care
Debz
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Aww your way of writing reviews is so unique and cute! That coconut body scrub looks awesome too! I'm currently enjoying a body wash from acure that came in my yuzen box.

    Btw, thanks for stopping by my site and subscribing. Now following you back! :D

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh thank you so much for the lovely comment and so glad you liked the review! The scrub is amazing one of the best I've used. :) Oh sounds lovely I look forward to your posts hun.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Deborah! Great post :) I completely agree with the comment above, great review!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by La Dolce Moda, you have a great blog! And I just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin. Hope you follow back!

    Francesca
    from La Dolce Moda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Aw shucks thank you so much your very kind no worries it was a pleasure. Anytime I look forward to your new posts sweety. xxx

      Delete
  3. that'a great idea to show your test result! thanks for sharing! kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw glad you think so was so shy about doing this ha ha Thanks for the lovely comment. xxx

      Delete

LinkWithin